Saturday, October 21, 2006

Believers and non-believers. It is the age old battle between God and Satan, good and evil. I mean not to imply that non-believers are the devil incarnate nor do I make any claim that believers are living saints. God's children do works in His name. It is not a secret. They are open and forthright about it. Those that are doing Satan's bidding however are shrouded in secrecy. They make no claim to doing the devil's work. If they are confronted they will act as though you are crazy. This is what is so insidious about Satan. He cannot make his mission known or he will surely lose his flock.

Just for the sake of argument let's establish a scenario. There is no God, no Satan, no heaven and no hell. We are simply the product of years of evolution born out of a cloud of hydrogen or some pool of bubbling muck. I wonder where the cloud of hydrogen or the pool of muck came from? But I digress. This scenario is just begging for hope. There seems to be none. In the end the lives of those that believe and the lives of those that do not believe will just end and no one will know the difference. On top of that no one's life and death has been impacted in any way. You are born, you die. That which comes in between seems to matter very little.

Now if we flip that scenario we will see that there is great danger for a portion of the population. I guess the bottom line is this. If you are a non-believer and you are right then religion and God can have no impact on your eternal life. This will also have no affect on the believers either. You will both live different lives that is all. If as a non-believer you are wrong, then the ramifications are tremendous and certainly not worth the risk. It serves no purpose if your words express a value for life, but your actions risk losing eternal life. Now I will not believe.

A man once told me that exposing my children to God was tantamount to child abuse and I was not fit to be a parent. By exposing my children I have done no harm, only good. By not exposing them I could not have lived with the harm I could have caused. They can make their own choice but I must provide them those choices.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As always a good post.I do believe that we should introduce our children to God and let them make a decision.Hopefully it will be the right one.

Proverbs 22:6 says "Train up a child in the way he should go :and when he is old,he will not depart from it.

Deb