Saturday, October 07, 2006

Lots of folks think I am a silly old fool. Ok, I admit some do not think me all that silly. What is the harm in having fun in the face of adversity? Damn, I ain't dying crying. Long as I can laugh and joke I will and I will not always care if it is politically correct either. However, I will temper myself to the sensibilities of those whom I know will be offended. I suspect that some have shied from me because I can be a little off the wall and I am almost always flirty with women. I do not mean anything by it. I am content with my life and my wife. But I am sure some see as something else.

I see no point in mourning my own demise before it happens. That is what others will do when I pass. Maybe they won't at all. What will I care anyway? Have a party if you want. I am not vindictive in life and I sure as hell will not be in death. Just do me one favor please. Smile and laugh and hug and kiss those you love. Oh, and guys, don't be kissing the one I love too much at least for a while.

I used to think I was so bad off because of this disease coursing through my veins. But I am not really. I have had a great time here and while if given the choice I would have opted for it never to end, I know that is unrealistic. I do not need 30 more years to leave a mark. My family will remember me and love me. The day will come when they too will pass and we shall meet again. Eventually no one here on earth will remember I was even here. I always thought that was such a shame. It isn't. This is just a detour on the way home. A nice detour at that. The things I have done and seen in my life. Phew, I wouldn't change any of it. I will have to atone for some of my actions but I figure my mistakes have helped me along the way. To say I never made an error would imply I was never in the game. No gold gloves for me I can assure you of that.

By now there are a few folks who have probably bought into my very first statement. There is nothing wrong with me so do not try to fix me. I am just a silly old fool. I am fine with that.

2 comments:

Pat said...

.... a detour on the way home .....nice thought on a difficult situation. I'm not sure that I am philosophical about the CLL. Trying, though.

Anonymous said...

Change whether welcomed or not is inevitable. That seems to be the only thing that does not change. Now ain't that grand!