Sunday, June 24, 2007

I apologize for not continuing the story I started but I will get back to it eventually. I have taken time off...again...from my writing and this piece just came to mind for this update. It is short but means a lot to me so I hope you enjoy it.


The first time I held her in my arms I knew I would love her for all my days. Gazing into those beautiful blue eyes was just this side of heaven. Her blonde hair was so soft and her smooth sweet smelling skin was even softer to the touch. Such a beautiful creature she was. A perfect creation made just for me. When God brought her to me He knew I would never hurt her, always cherish her and make her life as comfortable as was within my means to do. I love her more today than I did yesterday but less than I will tomorrow. And so it goes for all time.

She knew early on that all she had to do was look me in the eyes, wrap her arms around my neck and whisper in my ear just what she wanted and it would be hers. Some might say she took advantage of me, but she never asked for more than she knew I could give her. She understood she could not have everything, but she also knew she could have far more than she had ever dreamed simply by asking for it.

We were both young and we grew up together. Many times we walked through the park, hand in hand, sometimes talking and sometimes silent. Words were never all that important, we just liked being together. She had a natural curiosity for nature as did I and we explored the wooded areas near our home. We both loved camping out and spent many a night lying on a blanket watching the stars. We had our whole lives ahead of us. Nothing could stop us.

Time has intervened as it always does. Her blonde hair is not so blonde anymore, but those eyes can still melt me in my tracks. She is still beautiful and we still enjoy a walk together even in silence.

By now you are probably wondering if I took this woman as my wife, but the answer is no. I was already married when I met her. Her mother is my wife.

1 comment:

justme said...

This was great! I have always liked stories with a bit of a twist at the end.