Tuesday, September 12, 2006

It is so great to look up old friends from your high school days. You know, just see what they are up to. Of course we all want to see how everyone has changed in the looks department. Well, I finally just got my butt in gear and said I am going to find my friends. So every Saturday night at 9:00 pm I tune in to "America's Most Wanted". I just know they are going to help me find a few of them.

I still am not sure where I want to go with this blog. Do I continue as I have started and offer the reader a wealth of sapient information (hehe), or do I start down the road of diary writing. Maybe I do a little mixture of both.

Today I strolled among the roses, their fragrant perfume filled the air. Roses, so beautiful, so delicate and so fragile, yet capable of inflicting great damage if handled improperly. I am always reminded of my mother when I see or smell roses, she loved them, even named my little sister after them. The beginning of this paragraph is the first line of a song my mom used to sing all the time. The song was written by my dad.

My wife is very strong. Not that she can lift tremendous weight, but strong spiritually and emotionally. She is currently recovering from major surgery. She had a kidney removed because it was not functioning and full of tumors. Luckily, there was no spreading of the cancer into the surrounding tissue. Doctor said in his professional opinion she is cancer free. Yippee. She is getting so much better with each passing day. She looks forward to being able to get out and resume her life again. I look forward to it as well.

She is a petite woman, and at first glance one would think her incapable of taking care of herself. So not true. Do not make the mistake of thinking she is demure. She is very fiesty and her fiery spirit was one of the things that attracted me to her. Of course I find her quite sexy too. She had a tough life as a child and I suppose that being married to me has been no walk in the park either. Her parents were both alcoholics, her father abusive, her mother withdrawn. She has always been very open and easy to talk to. I think that the lack of communication in her childhood home made her very aware of the need to communicate. She is not 25 any more, but then neither am I. She has lines in her face that weren't there when we married, but that does not change what I see. She is beautiful and she can still turn heads. Her exterior is tough, from years of protecting herself, but she will open her heart to whomever she trusts. If she is your friend you will have none better, if she is your enemy you will have none fiercer. I cannot imagine my life without her. I will always believe finding her saved my life. Maybe it wasn't really a coincidence.

I would welcome input. If you got something you would like me to address I will be happy to talk about it. Just keep in mind I may not be "mainstream" in my thinking. What is "mainstream" exactly anyway? Well, I reckon it is what most people would think and that is definitely not me.

1 comment:

David Arenson said...

Loren,

As to what to write about in your blog, my advice is to just go with the muse, with whatever inspires you. You write well, with a degree of quirkiness that I can relate to, and your thoughts both challenge and entertain.

I write a lot about CLL in my blog; the one standard I have is to be honest with myself, and therefore honest with my readers. If they see me make mistakes and grapple with difficult issues, maybe they'll get something out of it. So just be yourself and people will relate!

Cheers,

David