Friday, September 22, 2006

Why is that we hurt or disappoint those we care about and that care about us? Is it because we can. Is it because they are the most available in our lives. Seems like a bad deal sometimes, but I also recognize this is a function of our imperfection as human beings. Hopefully when we do disappoint someone we love we also disappoint ourselves. I know I do.

I have a couple of friends (I know some of you are already skeptical), but these two friends are at odds about a few things. I hate it. I want to help but I am unsure how without appearing to take sides. Should I assume that if they are my friends they will understand my position? I do not want to create a bad feeling. I purposely do not discuss politics with friends unless I know it is ok to because it seems a good way to lose a friend. Likewise I do not discuss religion with a friend unless I know it is ok to for the same reasons. So when my friend's differences fall into the realm of one of these topics what do I do? I guess I can just hope for one and pray for the other that they work it out. I do not want to lose either one and I certainly do not want to lose both.

Please take care my friends and talk to each other. Reach a compromise and an understanding. I know that is what I want and need from each of you.

Take care and be well.

1 comment:

John Wagner said...

Isn't that what we all want, understanding? I don't always care about agreement as long as someone trys to understand where I am coming from as I try to understand their position. I just think it is perfectly OK sometimes to agree to disagree.